Sunday, February 7, 2010

Welcome Videos to your students

Jing is a fabulous site that is EASY and FREE to use to make short videos. Please view the one below I made for my students this semester.

http://www.screencast.com/t/ZjcwZmIz

Sending this to all of my students the first day of classes has made my first weeks of much easier since the sheer number of questions from my students has decreased significantly. Another bonus? This increases our online learner engagement levels by providing them the tools and expectations right up front as well as voice/face of their educator. :)

Want to learn how to do this? Reply to this post! :)

3 comments:

  1. Jennifer, the video tutorial was an awesome addition for your class. I would be interested in learning how to do this. Also, you have a wonderful voice and welcoming presence! Nice impression!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poison Aero.....I will make a video of how to set up Jing and post it here for you this weekend. It is free and fun to use! I hope you find it helpful.
    Thank you,
    Jennifer Harr, RN, MSN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is a short video on how to do a JING recording.

    http://www.screencast.com/t/ZTg5YzYz


    It is quite easy to get Jing for free. To do so go to the following website of Screencast.com

    Let me know if you have any questions.

    Thank you,

    Jennifer Harr, RN, MSN

    ReplyDelete