Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Organzing grading of discussion questions





Organizing grading of discussion questions

If you are like me you have your students posting and responding to peers all of the time. I used to struggle with a way to stay organized on grading and responding to postings. I did not want to have to leave the DQ area and then go to the grading area. To stay on top of it I print out an excel of all of my students and set up the grading rubric right in the excel. That way I can just stay in the discussion area and just mark the students grade on my printed out excel grade book. On days the grades are due I just go into the grade book and I put in the grades. (Another use I have for this grade book is that I also can put in little notes on the student so that I always have access to that information without digging. If you have a short term memory like mine this proves a great place to put down vacations, issues, and requests from students.) To make the excel grade book...you can download your student information directly

Bottom line: I love technology but when it comes to grading discussion questions I tend to use the old fashioned handwritten grade book. I hope you find this helpful! :) If you want some tips on how to format your grade book or working with Excel let me know. I will can post tips on Excel here as well!


Thank you,

Jennifer Harr, RN, MSN

No comments:

Post a Comment